Stelvei's News Broadcast Post


I was gone for a while, and it was mostly because of work stress and then vacation. I'm not going to dwell on the work stress only because after October 30th--which is tomorrow--I will be jobless. I worked in the "Composting" Department of my local newspaper since January 9th of this year designing ads and things graphic designers do and was told a few weeks ago that they are getting rid of my department.

Now, before you give me sappy "I'm sorry's" and pitiful looks, I want you to know that I am 500% times Chuck Norris okay with this. And I know that's a little odd, honestly. If you want to know the dirty details, message me on tumblr--off anon, please!--and I'll be happy to tell you the reasons behind everything. (Might be open for commissions soon, too. So keep an eye open for that post!)

I also know that means no more dresses for a long while. BUT I was able to snag my ultimate Holy Grail dress before I left for vacation:

Wolf in Frame JSK in Black by The Snow Field w/ Haenuli

I LOVE THIS DRESS. Like even more than my Angelic Pretty one--that I'm wearing today--and it's just because I LOVE wolves. Kind of wish the bow had the pearls instead of the gunmetal chain I'm stuck with but that's okay. I plan to pair it up with moonstone accessories. I wore it all the time on vacation. Which, by the way, I went to Disney World again with the added bonus of Harry Potter World. Outside the family drama I had to endure, it was lovely. Especially running around in Lolita. I'll make a separate post about my fourth time Disney experience later in the upcoming weeks--since I'll have nothing to do.  

In other news:


Guess who's playing Destiny again? Spoiler Alert: It's me.  I'm hoping the expansions are better than the vanilla Destiny, and I look forward to Bungie's plan for Destiny 2. I know that's a rumor, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen. With the flop of their last minute story plan for Vanilla Destiny, I'm hoping to see a more thought-out story in the sequel. In my humble opinion, they should have went with the original story--whether or not they fully liked it--than write a story, without writers, at last minute. 

I like my story in-game, okay? I don't want to STOP my game play to pick up my phone for the app to read grimoire cards ever again. If I wanted to read a book, I'd pick up a book. I want to play a game and I want its story while I play, and I want to feel a part of the story while I am in it. So after that disappointment of a story--or lack thereof-- I actually stopped playing until now, and that was last year some time. With their expansions, I picked up my own PS4 and Legendary Edition game to play with the boyfriend--finally. (Since I didn't spend nearly as much money as I thought I would at Disney.) 

Though, I am quite disappointed that Dinklebot is no more. I actually enjoyed his sass, and I hope the new Ghost has sass more as the story unfolds in The Taken King. He also sounds so human now. I enjoyed the robotic touch his voice had before. But that's okay. The opening sequence of The Taken King is going in the right direction. I loved the cut scene, and I felt more a part of the story! Felt so good...

I love the visuals in this game so, so much. From the graphic design to the graphics down to the kool-aid on Venus. (That is kool-aid, and no one can convince me otherwise.) I'm also really happy I get to customize my ghost a bit, too! He gives me bonuses now? PERF! I want my own real-life Ghost so bad with added sass. Maybe one day I'll make my real life Destiny armour. 

My gamer tag is Stelvei (on like everything) so if you see me, come up and say hi! Bow twice to me and I'll dance next to you to let you know I said hi back! I wonder if Bungie wants another graphic designer...?







Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment