.:Stelvei Goes to Matsuricon!:.




Finally making my post about it! I was a little iffy about going until I found out that Scott McNeil was going to be there. I actually also set up for my mum to hang out with a child hood friend of hers, so running around with them was fun.

A few girls from my comm went, too and I set up a little meet up at Lemongrass Fusion Bistro for lunch. It was tasty, and their sushi is delish. (That coming from me, actually, should mean a lot since I am not one for sushi.) But our experience walking there was an inspiration to make another separate post about manners--that coming in a little bit.

There isn't much to say about the con, other than it was my very first. Their dealership room was kind of dinky to say the least, BUT I did get an authentic alpacasso out of it:


I named him Scott

He's my first ever small alpaca I bought myself. My others were gifts. I want to collect the series so Scott has some friends! 

I was also pleasantly surprised on the politeness of everyone there. From either the "I love your coord!" to the "Do you mind if I take your picture?" I was just flabbergasted as I prepared myself for the worst experience ever--since I read horror stories about weeaboos glomping on Lolitas, knocking them out etc. Or touching without permission. I'm not okay with that outside of Lolita, let alone while I'm wearing my dream dress. 

Guess I shouldn't have read those stories...  Speaking of! I did wear my dream dress. (I was thinking about doing a review on it but it's Angelic Pretty and let's be honest here. If they made more dresses to accommodate my sizing, I'd be an AP whore--and I still kinda am. So it would be a little bit biased.) 

The artist allies were nice to walk around and look at art. I wish my art was as good as theirs ;A;! I wish I was brave enough to talk to them, or grab their business cards so I could share some of them on here. They always need commissions. 

On another note, some girl saw me, said how cute I was and then proceeded to give me an amazing hug like she knew me. I was okay with that, oddly. It was funny. Thank you mysterious woman! You were beautiful!

Now to get this off my chest because it's been bothering me...

Manners are key in the Lolita Community--or at least I'd like to think so. But manners are key even outside of Lolita. Please don't invite yourself to a Lolita meet up. Because usually, the hostess set a reservation for their group. If you are not part of the group, or not even a part of the comm, please DO NOT invite yourselves to a meet up just because you're wearing a lolita dress. Granted, this time it sort of worked out, but it won't always work that way and you'll just end up pissing off a lot of Lolitas. I say sort of because one of my guys was late due to a panel he went to. Poor guy had to sit at the end of the table next to my boyfriend and I, and I know he wanted to sit near one of his closer friends. 

I do thank the two who invited themselves to being very polite and kind toward us. It took a lot of guts to do that, though, and I applaud you for having the gusto. I would have never been able to do that! 

With that off my chest, Matsuricon was totally worth every penny just because of this: 


Yes, that is Scott and I! 

SCOTT MCNEIL HUGGED ME AND TOOK A SELFIE WITH ME AND... Just hearing him say "Oh my god, you're so beautiful," made my heart melt. My childhood was just relived. (Duo Maxwell was my first anime crush... still is. Not to mention Koga.) 


His hug was amazing!

Uhhhgg! Gosh I adore him, he is so kind to every one of his fans and it just warms my heart! I'm still giggling about it! Ohh gosh! I am so totally going to set up a tea party for next year and invite him. Wonder if he'd come? 

Other than my feet killing me (I now know I need different shoes for Disney...) and having an overall amazing time, it was all worth it. Thank you Matsuricon staff, con-goers, and Scott McNeil for being amazing and making my first anime convention wonderful!


Coord Breakdown:
JSK, Headbow, Purse: Angelic Pretty
Blouse: Rose Melody
Wristcuffs: Peacockalorum
Shoes: An*Tai*Na
Parasol: BtSSB
Shawl & Tights: Off Brand
Wig: GLW :(
Crystal: Rose Quartz (my ring was moonstone)


...Yes I named my alpaca after Scott McNeil... 

Did you go to the con? Let me know how wonderful your experience was in the comments below! I'd love to hear them <3 







Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment