.:The Martian:.



Last Saturday the boyfriend and I went to go watch an amazing movie. If you like Space and NASA and all things Space... Space... It's a GREAT movie. Hell, it's amazing even if you're not into that stuff. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole damn time. But, I think that's just because I'm terrified of Space.  My poor parasol and purse strap got the blunt of the force as I held onto them for dear life.

Without giving spoilers, the whole cast is just amazing. You might want to keep in mind that these guys actually talked to NASA and Astronauts for the movie--even went through zero gravity training! Maybe that's how they got their amazing NASA sweatshirts and junk... That I need in my life. (NASA send me some awesome space gear!) 

And yes, it gave me an excuse to wear Lolita and shamelessly wear Day Dream Carnival. (That poor dress!) Though, who needs excuses to wear frilly dresses? I even wear them to work every Friday. 


Coord Breakdown:
JSK, Purse: Angelic Pretty
Blouse: Rose Melody
Parasol: BtSSB
Wristcuffs: Peacockalorum
Shoes: An*Tai*Na
Parasol: BtSSB
Shawl & Tights: Off Brand
Crystal: Rose Quartz (my ring was moonstone)

I also want to talk about my very special accessories for this dress--which to me, make the coord even more amazing! The gold unicorn charm and earrings were a gift from one of my aunts when I was younger. Who knew that our love for unicorns would be the perfect match for my Dream Dress? Next up is my sparkly bracelet, right side of the photo on top of my rose quartz bracelet. This was my great grandma's. We weren't very close, I wouldn't say, but I adore this bracelet because it came from her. And it is another perfect match for my dress. My rose quartz earrings were made by a co-worker and friend just for this dress!

The whole day was actually pretty amazing and it made me realize that not only does DDC give me amazing days, I learnt some pretty important things, too. (Every time I wear DDC, my days go really well, and I have a pretty awesome day. Not those "okay" days where you have nothing to complain about. It's more like those days where you can't shut up about how great everything fell into place.)

First off was the movie, and as I've said it's phenomenal. We like to stay through the credits to give the people who worked hard on the movie--aside from the actors that is--some recognition. They deserve it as much as the director and actors, too! There was someone named Claudia there! I named my computer Claudia... (yes she has a name!) We left as normal and headed off to Chipotle for lunch. 

Pushing past the odd look I got from one of the girls behind the foodstuffs, we ordered our bowls and went to pay. A lovely lady came up to the register and gave some cash to the girl. Someone had forgotten it on their table. So instead of taking the money for herself, she gave it to one of the workers just in case the person came back. I was flabbergasted, really, by not only the generous thing this woman did but by the negative reaction the worker gave. But the woman's kindness really lit up the room, and the negativity had no chance. 

After lunch, we went to Hobby Lobby (I'm so ashamed, but I needed wire to wire wrap my little quartz for my Disney Trip and I don't have time to wait for something to be shipped to me!) The boyfriend likes to look at the models of tanks, planes and other things they have so we stopped by that. (That is after an emergency bathroom run. Thank God their stalls are roomy!) A kid, who looked to be about ten years old or maybe even eleven, twelve, decided to talk to my boyfriend about which models he really wanted. 

Saying things like "I really want this one!" then picking up another one and said "I really like this one, too!" Now if you know me--and most of you don't--I have no patience for kids. Especially those who come up to you like that and talk to you like they know you. I got annoyed a little too quick, but I didn't say a word. His "mother" came around and rudely told him that they were leaving. He didn't want to leave, of course, and kept his "mother" waiting and getting more annoyed. 

Had to tell him "You better listen, buddy. You don't want to make her mad. Remember to put those models on your Christmas List this year." He looked up at me, and for some reason I felt like I said the wrong thing. It shot through my heart but I didn't pay it any mind. Of course he left, and I thought "Finally!" And we went, grabbed my wire, and Shaun (the boyfriend) decided to tell me that he over heard that kid's "mother" complain about her on-going divorce with the father of the child, and trying to pawn him onto the father because she didn't want him. Hence the reason for the quotation marks. My heart pained, seriously. But again, after sighing and bitching about how horrible that "mother" is, I brushed it off as we went to look at canvases, pay and leave.

Went to PetSmart, broke my heart playing with the kitties, left and went to our favourite pet store. It's not a corporate ran store. The Fish Manager there is a real sweet heart. She's super awesome. But while looking at fish stuff, I went to get my phone out of my purse. I stopped and my heart dropped. I had placed my very special alpacasso on my purse. He was gone. He fell off and I panicked. Tracing my steps back to the fish lights and around the store, I went back to the car where my boyfriend had been looking. My paca was not there. 

We went back to the theatre after I had traced my steps back in my head where I didn't remember seeing it in Hobby Lobby or either pet stores--and I don't know how I didn't realize then... 

I walked in and frantically looked around the floor, and there was nothing. Making eye contact with a worker who happened to smile at me which made me approach. Asking him about a missing stuffed "llama"--since people think they're llamas and not alpacas--he nodded his head. The workers found him and put him in the box with the 3D glasses. Reunited at last! 

Heading back to the pet store, we got some snails and another live plant for our tank and left. (I did play with this super awesome kitty who I wanted to adopt. I couldn't though. Already have four kitties, so pray that lovely kitty gets a good home for me!) 


Her name is Cream <3

Now to the point of this long post! On the way home, Shaun had asked what important lessons I learnt that day. Thinking he was going to mock me for losing my alpaca like a four year old, I gave him a look and continued to sing along with my songs. 

But something stopped me and I turned the music down to answer. I went through the funny stuff (how cool and thankful I was for awesome actors and people who work on great movies, that sort of stuff.) and eventually made fun of myself for loosing my alpaca and saying how thankful I was for awesome people at the movie theatre for not throwing my Paca away. Poor thing just wanted to watch The Martian again... 

Though, that doesn't mean much, really, not compared to this: 

I shouldn't bitch about a kid, who found something in common with you, and complain about how annoying he is without knowing his full story because some kids--believe it or not--are not as privileged as you might be.

I am quite blessed with the parents I was given. And I'm not saying that to rub it into anyone's faces. It's just the truth, and I wish that all parents were like mine. Sure, they argue and bitch to each other and that's super annoying, but in all honesty they are amazing. 

I'm 26, and I still get to give my mother a Christmas List. I'm 26, and I'm not homeless because of my parents. I get to go on vacations--sure now I have to pay for my own stuff, but I still get to go. I get to wear Lolita and they don't give two shits. (And no, I pay for all my dresses myself. I work hard for them.) 

They love me for me, all my weirdness and all. I don't have to put up with "mothers" who don't want their children anymore as if they were nothing. I don't have to put up with "fathers" who are too addicted to drugs to even remember that he has kids. I don't have to put up with that, at all. They listen to me gush about dresses, video games, alpacas and kitties--and when I was younger my anime crushes. 

That poor kid didn't even have a "mother" to listen to his nerd stuff. I really wish I had bought him one of the models he wanted. 

And for that, I am sorry. I apologise to all the children who are still children and those who've already grown up into adulthood who had to deal with that kind of shit. I pray for you. Love & Light to you all. 


TL;DR: Don't bitch about kids who annoy you because they found something in common with you. You don't know their story. Take the time and listen for they may not have that anywhere else. 


















Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment