.:Long Ears Sharp Ears Studio:.




I ordered the JSK in Wine


I. Love. This. Dress. It is absolutely adorable. The print is amazing, the lace is downright awesome, and it's just all around peachy keen! I am so thankful they offered custom sizing on this dress. I fell in love with it at first sight, and I needed it to be a part of my wardrobe. It wasn't this "Oh I want that." NO it was more like " OH MY GOD I NEED THAT!"

The wait for the dress was too damn long--but that's just me being too excited for it. Once shipped, it didn't take but a couple of days to make it to me. 


I am unashamed about my love for this dress. Here are some detail shots:







Dat Lace


It even has a nice texture to the fabric! You can kinda tell with the photos. I don't have much to complain about, really--besides a couple of things... (Be prepared, I have a long story for this...) 

The waist bow is droopy. I actually put it on upside down for a while, then realized that I put it on wrong--oops! It's a lovely bow, don't get me wrong! The fastener they put on it was put on too low, and I have to secure it with another safety pin. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it look better. 

Another problem I had was the zipper. When I received this dress, you know damn well I needed to put it on. I don't see how girls dress themselves with JSKs that have zippers. I can't do it on my own, so I enlisted the help of my mum. Needless to say, she is far from the zipper master, and the teeny zipper ended up splitting. The only person in my house who can zip up my dresses, apparently, is my boyfriend. I was devastated when the zipper split, I thought it was ruined. The boyfriend came home and was able to easily get the dress to zip. First time wearing it: 


Way before I got my petti, mind you. 

I did get the haori-esk jacket for the dress. It is quite lovely, and I wear it sometimes by itself with jeans to work. I'll get back to the zipper in just a second while I talk about the head piece: 


Although a very lovely--and heavy--piece, the alligator clip was hot glued on. The dangly parts were just too heavy for the poor thing to handle. I ended up super gluing it back together, and haven't had a problem since. I did also get the head bow--for free--because I ordered the haori-esk jacket with the dress. Though, I haven't worn it yet. My hair is too fine to wear headbows and not have it eat my head. 

I also did get the tights, but they weren't shipped with the dress so the above photo doesn't feature them. They are super cute and soft! Also, even though the stock photo was pictured with the gold obijime, the dress came with red and pink obijimes. I made the mistake on ordering gold shoes for this dress because of the gold obijime. Ended up getting pink shoes for it to match my pink blouse. I was originally getting a white blouse for it, but I adore the pink too much!

Okay so, back to the zipper problem. I did wanted to wear this dress out after I got my petti and pink blouse and pink shoes to dinner one night. My boyfriend was still at work and I needed to be ready by time he got off, so I again entrusted the zipper to my mum--thinking she would get it this time. 

I was so horribly wrong. This time, she ended up breaking the zipper. Completely tearing it from its track. Beyond upset, I was. Why she needs two other people to help her with the damn zipper while my boyfriend just needs me and himself is beyond me. My boyfriend IS the zipper master. 

I really wanted to wear this dress to my first lolita meet up since I hadn't worn it out yet. I ended up looking up tutorials on how to fix zippers, and I fixed the zipper completely. What I did: 

  • Made sure the track was lined up properly
  • Put the zipper back on the track and tightened it with needle nose pliers
  • Cut the thread they had sewn at the bottom of the zipper (turn inside out)
  • Zipped the dress all the way down to where it split
  • Carefully zipped the dress up, making sure the teeth go together
  • Sewed the zipper where the split was (turn inside out)



I never had a problem since. It now stays zipped even while hanging up. Before, it never did. 
Here are the photos of the zipper broken, and then fixed: 



All in all this dress is still amazing. Just wish companies used better and stronger zippers. I now await to see what zipper is used on Precious Clove's Singing in the Rain and Angelic Pretty's Day Dream Carnival. The best part about this dress is that you can go sweet or classic with it! I do plan on getting an obi for it, too, and maybe turn it into a wa-lolita style. 


Coord Breakdown:
JSK, Tights: Long Ears Sharp Ears
Blouse: Rose Maiden
Purse: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: An*Tai*Na (I now wear pink shoes with it)
Crystal: Rose Quartz

Even though I did wear this to my first lolita meetup, I was the only one in sweet, haha! I stuck out like a sore thumb with my gothic counterparts. 

I pin curled my hair the night before, and put my headpiece in the back. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I felt super pretty! Everyone there was super awesome, and super pretty too! 




Overall I give this dress 4.5/5 Stars


Let me know about your opinion on this dress, and what colourway you chose! Do you love it as much as I do~? 

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

1 comments: