.:Bodyline:.



Ahhh Bodyline. The place to go for Lolitas on a budget, right? (Not much anymore, it seems...)  Amongst their poorly coorded photos, and really bad ita dresses, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy from them. BUT! I adored this dress when I saw it in juliettepretty's coord: 



Isn't she just amazing? 

I even couldn't decided whether or not to get it in purple or mint colourway.(*Spoiler Alert: I chose Mint*)  It just looks so damn cute! So unfortunately, I decided to order it with the funds I put away searching for my first dress. Why did I say unfortunately? Well… Let's start with the bad by saying I didn't know which dress to review first. My boyfriend suggested starting with my least favourite. Poor Cinderella Bunny! 

This dress is really short. Really short. Now I'm unsure if it's because of my bust size or what? It gets very annoying when dealing with it when I wear it out with my petticoat wanting to peek out and see the world. With that said, DO NOT bend over in this dress. (You really shouldn't bend over in any dress improperly, anyway.) I mean unless you want to show your bloomers to the world. (Really thinking I need pink bloomers just to wear with this dress…)

I've noticed other girls having this problem around tumblr, too. Be weary, this dress may need an underskirt. I'm also really short, too. 5'4" 1/2-- that 1/2 counts! I ended up pulling my petti all the way up right under my bust and then rolling it a couple of times. And even after that, it likes to peek through. I get so paranoid about it, that every time I get out of the car is the usual "Is my petti showing??"

The zipper had some problems staying up, so I had to sew in some eye hooks. It helped for a bit, but I still get so paranoid about it unzipping. I am constantly checking the damned thing, especially after a little bit of movement. 


Excuse my poor sewing skills--of which I have none. 

The lace is kind of mediocre, but still kinda nice. I guess? Compared to my other dress (which is Indie brand), the lace on this one is just eh. Also, loose threads. Everywhere. I still have nightmares about them.  (Although, no pics of them since I think I got all of them...) 


Dat lace... 


I did order this dress in the largest they had (due to bust problems) and I have a bit of room to play with. Still, a minimizer bra and shapewear will be the next two things I get for my dresses. I also feel this dress is really unflattering for my larger bust size.

And finally, no matching head bow. Like, what the hell Bodyline! I understand you could wear the waist bow as one, but it looks so unflattering using it other than its intended purpose. 

Speaking of... Let's start the good by saying that my bow came with all the pearls: 


Or at least I think I got all the pearls?


I also adore this print, and the colours. Being an artist, colours mean everything.  I pair this mint with a pink blouse, and hopefully sometime, pink tights. (the ones I ordered are too light to match the blouse ;_; ) So right now, I just wear it with my white lace tights I originally got for this dress. 


Look how cute! 



Being the only Lolita in my Village--hehehe (that's a joke)--I actually get a lot of compliments on this dress. First time out with it, I got stopped twice for photos and once because a lady had to say how gorgeous it was. I did get the "Are you in a Play?" question, though. Another time I wore it out to dinner, and a woman actually tapped on our car window and asked for a photo. Apparently, her daughter wore the same stuff, and she wanted to show her. With some extensive research, I found out she didn't wear Lolita but was into cosplay. Hence the reason I couldn't find her in my comm. I got too excited, it seems, that there'd be someone else to run around my hometown in Lolita with… Nah, I'm too excited about my tea party with my comma next weekend. 

But I won't be wearing this dress to that meet-up… 

I wore this dress out for dinner tonight and was told how cute it was. Again, I was asked about being in a play, but after telling her that it was just a fashion she nodded her head and said "That's really good. Good for you!" And yes, I still have it on... I seriously could wear Lolita every day and wear it through the night. 


So far this is my coord with it: 


Coord Breakdown:
JSK: Bodyline
Blouse: Rose Maiden
Tights, Bow, Beret: Off Brand
Purse: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: An*Tai*Na
Crystal: Rose Quartz


I don't have everything for this coord just yet. I'm still awaiting my rose quartz accessories--other than my bracelets at least. I received my pink shoes today and plan on wearing them when I wear the white tights with this dress. 

Overall I give this dress 2.5/5 Stars





Let me know about your opinion on Bodyline's Cinderella Bunny in the comments below! And if you have the dress, do you have the same problems? Keep Frillin' On! <3







Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment